MillionTalks: skinny or plus-size? - MillionTalks

Today's Fun Links

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

skinny or plus-size? what's your attitude to 0-size obsession?

#1 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:08 AM

It's a fact that population is becoming fatter nowadays. There are so many weight loss programs, special exercising, diets but most of those just don't work. And everyone on TV looks so beautiful with slim figures. Should we all strive to get thinner or there are other standards of shapes that people also value?

#2 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

Today i came across an article about a plus-size model Crystal Renn who loves her body and complains about her photos being retouched to make her body visually slimmer.

'I was absolutely shocked': Crystal Renn left reeling after her plus-size body is airbrushed to look thinner

Crystal Renn, the world's most successful plus-size model, is furious after discovering she had been retouched to look skinny for a new ad campaign.

The 24-year-old says she was stunned when she saw the final results of her shoot for the Fashion for Passion campaign shot by photographer Nicholas Routzen.

'When I saw the pictures I was absolutely shocked,' she said. 'I sat in silence for a good five minutes. It was not an accurate portrayal of my body in any way. I'm a [U.S.] size 10 and that was a size 2 at most.'

Attached Image: crystal renn.jpg

Routzen has admitted he 'shaped her', insisting: 'I did nothing that I wouldn't do to anyone. I'm paid to make women look beautiful.'

However Renn complained: 'I understand a certain amount of retouching - if there's a zit or you want to smooth things out - but to change my body completely, that's not what I'm about and that's not the message I want to give.

'I don't want young women to think being thin is the only way to be beautiful. Beauty is not a pant size

Attached Image: crystall.jpg

'I'm known for my body and I'm proud of my body.

'Some people scoff at the name 'Plus size' but I think it's an amazing thing to be a part of.'

Renn has previously spoken about her battle with anorexia, which began when she was ordered to drop five stone after being spotted by a talent scout aged 13.

She eventually rejected the size 0 phenomenon and at 5ft 9 and 12 stone, Renn developed an international reputation for her Rubenesque curves.

Renn admits that she has started to lose weight, but insists it is through healthy exercise as opposed to the desperate desire to be skinny that once plagued her.

'I started an exercise routine after seven years,' she said. 'I thought it was a great time to take care of myself and start exercise again.

'It used to be that eight hours a day of hard, gruelling exercise a day was the norm.

'I'm at a place now where I feel I can do it in a healthy way.'

#3 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

compare the pics

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: crystal-renn-photoshopped-thinner-before-after.jpg

#4 User is offline   Amelia 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLA

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

I dont think we should get this crazy about our weight, but anyways be toned up! "golden middle", so to say ;)

#5 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Looking at a slim person is more pleasant than at an obese one. But curvy body can be great, too.
Fashion makes life brighter and more interesting!

Best blog about fashion and style!!!

#6 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

be healthy regardless of the size, that's the point :)
we'll never battle anorexia unless magazines stop photoshopping models to match the crazy beauty standards.
i feel sorry for zero-size models, they always look so misarable and.. hungry :D
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#7 Guest_Cody_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:47 AM

If only people worked this hard to be kind and intellectual rather than beautiful and aspiring to be greek gods and goddesses... word peace and space colonization would be a thing of the past. Oh how I hate fashion and fleshy desires.

#8 User is offline   nirma1230 

• Pip

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

i think slim and smart body is need of time, its looking beautiful, and for that you can apply the tips to decrease your weight on your self

#9 User is offline   Amelia 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLA

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostCody, on 30 May 2011 - 03:47 AM, said:

If only people worked this hard to be kind and intellectual rather than beautiful and aspiring to be greek gods and goddesses... word peace and space colonization would be a thing of the past. Oh how I hate fashion and fleshy desires.

Harsh.. I believe we need to be beautiful inside and out

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links