Cooking is not the activity I enjoy a lot. However, trying to be a good wife and mother I have to learn to do that. Maybe its crazy but i googled about how to become a good cook)))) The articles that came out didn't seem too ridiculuos to me though. If they can be helpful for someone as they were for me, I will be happy!
So, let's begin:
It is a satisfying experience to make tasty meals for friends and family. Home-cooked meals are a wonderful way to make dinnertime a pleasant and memorable experience. The aroma of simmering marinara sauce or freshly baked bread spreads through the home and entices the senses. Anyone can learn to create magical food sensations. Cooking and baking are learned skills that improve with practice. Start cooking and learn how to make your favorite meals.
1. Purchase a good set of cooking utensils. Without the proper cooking utensils, it is difficult to make good meals. For starters, you should purchase a full set of pots and pans. Stores that carry kitchen cooking utensils usually sell pot-and-pan sets. A good set includes small and large saucepans with lids and small and large frying pans. Buy a measuring cup, measuring spoons, mixing bowls, pot holders and a strainer to complete your starter cooking set. As you get more experienced as a chef, you will find more kitchen utensils that you wish to purchase.
2. Watch cooking shows to learn cooking techniques and recipes. You can also take cooking classes at your local community college for a more thorough, hands-on learning experience.
3. Buy a cookbook with step-by-step recipe instructions. Look for a cookbook that includes a lot of pictures. Pictures are helpful because they show what the food should look like at different stages of the cooking process.
4. Plan out your meal before you make it. Make a grocery list of ingredients that you will need. Purchase all the items on your list.
5. Practice making a new recipe. Read the entire recipe before you start to cook so that get an understanding of the cooking process for the recipe you have chosen. Set out all your ingredients so that they are in easy reach. Before you start to cook, do any required prep work such as chopping vegetables and preheating the oven. Having everything in reach and prepared will make the cooking experience go more smoothly. Read the directions as you go along. Follow each step carefully. Do not skip any steps
Tips & Warnings
Start with easy recipes at first. As you gain experience, move on to more difficult recipes. When buying a recipe book, look for one that rates the difficulty level of each recipe. Go along with the old saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Cooking is a learning experience. It takes time to become good at cooking. With practice, you will be making tasty recipes that your friends and family will clamor for.
Page 1 of 1
How to become a good cook How to become a good cook
Share this topic:
Page 1 of 1