• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Reasons for Being Shopaholic

#1 User is offline   Lilu 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Attached Image: Shopaholic2.jpg
If you have extra 50 bucks, would you go out with your friends or rather buy yourself another pair of jeans? You answer will predetermine your happiness, likability and your general view on life.

The last study has disproved the old saying “money cannot buy happiness” as it was found that money-oriented shoppers are less happy and even less liked than those less materialistic ones.
Attached Image: Shopaholic3.jpg
In general people think that being able to buy materialistic goods can to improve their lives. But the recent psychological research found that so-called “experience shoppers”- people that spend money on traveling, food and visiting cultural events tend to better get along with others- feel themselves less anxious in difficult social situations and are overall happier comparing to people who are obsessed with shopping.

#2 User is offline   Miss Provocateur 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I am a money-oriented shopper :unsure:, so does that mean I'm unhappy???

#3 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

i think that's kind of silly categorising people into happy and not happy based on amount of money they spend on clothing and stuff. Happiness is an abstract thing and for some people sociolising is not what makes them happy. I'm not a shopaholic but i do lobe doing shopping and that makes me really happy, the process itself and the result, too. We are different. And each person is happy in his own way.

#4 User is offline   Hily Watson 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

That true I too believe in real happiness which is get by visiting our friends, travelling etc. but not in buying anything costly. Yes shopping and buying is a part of our happiness but we cannot say happiness lies in this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links