MillionTalks: Would you eat your own placenta? - MillionTalks

Today's Fun Links

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Would you eat your own placenta? January Jones said she ate her own placenta. Would you do it?

#1 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

I know everybody is going crazy about naturalness now but some are taking too far, in my opinion. For example, January Jones ate her own placenta to 'boost energy' after giving birth to her baby son.

Attached Image: index-large_image-1005154-large_image.jpg

This is what DailyMail wrote about it:

January Jones has revealed that she ate her own placenta after giving birth to baby Xander.

The Mad Men star told People magazine that uses the placenta vitamins to boost her energy after the draining process of giving birth.

January, who gave birth to her son in September, is so impressed by the natural booster that she is urging all other mothers to do it, too.

She told the magazine that she is aided in this process by her 'doula,' or labour coach: 'I have a great doula who makes sure I'm eating well, with vitamins and teas and with placenta capsulation.'

Before expanding: 'Your placenta gets dehydrated and made into vitamins.

'It's something I was very hesitant about, but we're only the only mammals who don't ingest out own placentas.

'It's not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms!'

Jones, 34, also talked about returning to work while her son was still small.

She recalled: 'I think I went back to set six or seven weeks after, so he was really little.'

'I had the baby and the baby nurse in their own room so I could go back and feed him every two hours,' the mother-of-one added.

'If I felt like he needed me, or if he needed to eat, or even if I just needed a squeeze because I was having separation issues, I would go back and see him. It was such a blessing that I wasn’t separated from him.'

But the exhaustion was the biggest challenge, and she admitted: 'It was hard to work long days and then go home and not sleep.'

And that's where the placenta came in handy.

Isn't that disgusting, guys?????
Fashion makes life brighter and more interesting!

Best blog about fashion and style!!!

#2 User is offline   Lilu 

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Yak, it even sounds disgusting!!! I would never do that. I saw placenta with my own eyes and I have to say it looked really sick. I am wondering whether there are scientifically proved benefits from eating own placenta?

#3 User is offline   Miss Provocateur 

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

OMG! That's stupid to eat your placenta! :blink: :blink: :blink:

#4 User is offline   Strega 

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

That's disgusting :(
If you want to know how to furnish and decorate your house, then FurnishBurnish is a place for you!

#5 User is offline   Alley James 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location2 Thorne Road Thornton Lodge Huddersfield HD1 3JJ

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

what was that.... i don't know about this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links