Fashion Trends Men Hate what do you think of these?
Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:24 AM
Fashion Trends Men Hate
Women often believe that following trends is everything they need to be fashionable, stylish and attractive for… other women. Men don’t take fashion as seriously. They like when we are dressed well, but what does it mean? As a rule, it means that clothing should fit well and look feminine, because men like us for our femininity.
Plenty of trends we consider essential for our wardrobes seem absolutely horrible to the stronger half of the humanity. Not to sound proofless I’ll name 7 items (which are on the list of the current fashion trends) men think are total turn-offs according to a survey conducted by the website MSN.
Number of downloads: 124
#1 Dungarees. A dungaree might be comfortable but women will no way look feminine in it. Breasts, waist and hips are hardly accentuated and a lady does resemble a builder in this garment.
Number of downloads: 141
#2 Jumpsuits. Two facts annoy men about jumpsuits: they make us look shapeless and we spend more time in the bathroom.
A man commented:
They’re the ultimate in women-dressing-forother-women. Confusing and overly clever. At best you look like a toddler, at worst like my mum in the Seventies.’
Number of downloads: 220
#3 Harem Pants. Yves Saint Laurent was the first to design these three years ago and since then harem pants have been churned out by every high street label. Men despise the pants because no contours of our bodies are visible and a-filled-nappy look isn’t very appealing.
Number of downloads: 130
#4 Tuxedos. Women often think that they look in suits and tuxedos better than men but men have a different opinion. They want to see our figures rather than masculine shoulders and classy pants.
Number of downloads: 128
#5 Gladiator Sandals are comfy to wear but they take so much time to put on and take off. This irritates men. And many straps all over our legs make us appear shorter.
Number of downloads: 134
#6 Leggings. Women love leggings but men don’t. First, because no mystery is left with those. Every contour is revealed. And second, leggings are popular with ladies of all shapes, that means chubby girls will wear them, too.
Even Cheryl Cole shouldn’t wear leggings,’ one man said. ‘They are too council estate, too comfy. Once a woman gets used to wearing an elasticated waist, there’s no going back.
Number of downloads: 114
#7 Ugg Boots. These have been called the most repulsive footwear a woman can ever wear. They don’t have a sexy sound of a clicking heel and they look unflattering. Besides, women tend to don them in any kind of weather.
One of respondents said:
There is no toe cleavage, no ankle. They smell pretty bad, too.”
So, dear girls, now you know what men think about fashion trends. Do you still want to follow those?
Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:44 AM
My bf actually likes them and I bought me a pair and I think we shouldn't worry about what men think... they
all dress the same way :s the are just a few guys out there who wear (the right) trendy clothes.
Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:17 AM
Best blog about fashion and style!!!
Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:19 PM
- Dungarees - I don't mind these as long as they aren't the ONLY thing in your wardrobe. I think every guy wants to see his lady's curves (that he enjoys so much) from time-to-time.
- Jumpsuits - I personally don't care for these at all because they make you look like you're living in some other decade. I know that things come full circle in the world of fashion - I just don't think these have yet. Oh - and they aren't "sexy" on everyone... not at all.
- Harem Pants make you look like an older lady. I think they're fine on older women (I'm talking seniors here) - but younger ladies should probably just wear these in the confinces of their homes or when they're not out on a date. I understand the desire to dress comfortably and all...
- Tuxedos should only be worn by women for like Halloween or something. Period. Celebrities have people fooled into thinking that everyone should wear these - NO - they wear them because they're celebrities and they're supposed to look eye-catching. It's such an androgynous style - I mean - look at Rihanna in the picture above. If I was a guy approaching her, I wouldn't know if she was into guys or not...
- Gladiator Sandals are interesting. They're not a turn-off for me, but they aren't a plus either. It's one of those "if she likes 'em - I like 'em" kind of clothing items.
- Leggings are cool with things - you know like a skirt, etc. I just always think women who wear only leggings look like they walked out of the house in their underwear. That's fine if it's what you're going for - but it looks undone.
- Ugg Boots won't bother your guy unless he's smelling your shoes (which is odd in itself - but we all have quirks) or he's a foot-fetish Gent who's upset that he can't see you "lovely toes and elegant ankles". Wear the shoes you're comfortable in and most guys won't raise a fuss. I'm honestly surprised Crocs weren't on the list (yes - some people still wear those)??
I am curious though. Were these men in this survey from the U.S. or some other country? It's always interesting to see how the standards of attraction vary by nation. Thanks for letting me respond on this one.
Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:21 PM