Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Victoria Beckham and her designs

#1 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:40 AM

I love Victoria Beckham's designs a lot. They are classy, chic and elegant. So, i'm not at all surprised that so many celebrities opt for her creations to wear to glam events.
Let's share pics, information and opinions about Victoria Beckham's works.
Fashion makes life brighter and more interesting!

Best blog about fashion and style!!!

#2 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:46 AM

I'd like to start from Victoria Beckham's Spring/ Summer 2010 collection, her first collection of dresses.

Socialite and designer Victoria Beckham again demonstrated to us that she can make interesting and hot fashion collection at her own 3rd line that is shown in New York Fashion Week in September 2009.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-2010.jpg (64.12K)
Number of downloads: 62

New couturier tells:

This is my third collection, and I wanted to push myself, but I also wanted to be respectful of my customer,”

I wanted to push myself,” Beckham said, “to play with new silhouettes, textures, and print.”

But I’m grateful that people are prepared to leave their preconceptions at the door and let the dresses speak for themselves. The sell-through has been amazing.”

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20102.jpg (57.33K)
Number of downloads: 68

The new Spring/Summer 2010 collection is all about her style.

Tight-fitting dresses in patels tones, lower neckline, stronger shoulders and capped sleeves, dresses also feature banding.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20103.jpg (59.04K)
Number of downloads: 66

Posh said:

They(stronger shoulders) make your waist look so much smaller,”

The tight bodice holds you in, which is never a bad thing,” she said.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20104.jpg (44.62K)
Number of downloads: 55

Other designs in the S/S 2010 range include the use of stretch-jersey and spray-paint shapes, airbrushed prints in violet, orange and navy on sarong-style micro-dresses.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20105.jpg (63.17K)
Number of downloads: 53

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20107.jpg (58.99K)
Number of downloads: 60

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20108.jpg (51.9K)
Number of downloads: 57

Attached File  victoria-beckham-new-york-fashion-week-spring-summer-20109.jpg (58.51K)
Number of downloads: 65

#3 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

i love Victoria Beckham's collections, too. And here is her Fall-Winter 2010-2011 range. Looks as beautiful as the Summer one. But i do bbelieve her skills have improved.

The collection Victoria Beckham unveiled during New York Fashion Week on February 14 was received very warmly. It looks like Posh has finally got the acceptance she had striven for.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-8.jpg (170.09K)
Number of downloads: 72

It was her fourth collection and the most successful one, to be sincere. Dresses and high platform shoes were the focus and no wonder why, it’s just what the designer wants to see and wear herself.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-7.jpg (167.77K)
Number of downloads: 80

Victoria started the show by greeting everyone, which was very different from other presentations, and as the fashion parade continued she was telling about the collection, commenting on styles and designs.

She said:

I feel the clothes express how my own personal style has evolved, more relaxed, a little more slouchy, but still structured.’

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-6.jpg (188.27K)
Number of downloads: 76

The dresses looked perfect – classy, chic and sophisticated, the ones for red carpets and special events. You will hardly ever see someone wearing such a frock in the street.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-5.jpg (175.79K)
Number of downloads: 85

Lots of draping appeared throughout, on backs and necklines. Puffed hemlines along with rather strict silhuettes looked pretty. Some gowns were created in the style of trenchcoats, so much loved by Victoria. Long slits on dresses added sexuality to designs.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-3.jpg (178.87K)
Number of downloads: 83

A few frocks came loose in waist area and this made me a bit puzzled because I’ve never seen Posh rocking such an outfit.

The color pallette included deep reds, blues and greens, as well as nudes and a dazzling pale gold.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-4.jpg (171.64K)
Number of downloads: 78

The former Spice Girl claimed the range of dresses was inspired by comic book detective Dick Tracy.

Beckham said she felt great about the fact the industry finally began to take her seriously as a designer. Besides, she revealed her dream was to open her own store in the next five years.

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-2.jpg (189.87K)
Number of downloads: 68

But, I’m still learning,’ she admitted. ‘I still feel I need to prove myself – all my life I’ve had to prove myself. Each season, I have to better myself. I really want to grow as a designer.’

WWD commented on the range:

The collection Beckham showed for fall … presented none of the neophyte awkwardness one might expect from a four-seasons’ new designer (and not just one with a pop star past).’

British Vogue’s Lauren David Peden also praised the 35-year-old’s creations:

Beckham presented a very beautiful collection that evolved her body-con aesthetic while still leaving room – literally – to breathe, thanks to a new-found focus on draping and fluidity.’

Attached File  victoria-beckham-fall-winter-2010-2011-1.jpg (170.79K)
Number of downloads: 64

Lisa Armstrong of The Times said:

These clothes are not being churned out to make a quick buck (leave that to her jeans, perfume and sunglasses) – they’re extremely work intensive.’
I like the collection a lot, it’s just what I prefer wearing. What is your opinion?

Source: millionlooks.com

#4 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

i guess all her designs are made with extremely slim women in mind. what about women from the real world? how many of us are size 0? i think if a plump girl dares to wear VB's dress she'll look disastrously ugly and fat in it. Victoria makes dresses for herself, even not all celebs can wear them, only the slimmest ones (i know Jennifer Hudson once wore her dress like in message #2 but don't even try to convince me she looked beautiful in it)
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#5 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Bumble-bee , yes, Jennifer Hudson looked awful in VB dress but Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian didn't. Just look:

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

I'm happy that finally New york Fashion Week started. ANd Victoria Beckham dresses Spring 2011 collection has already been unveiled.

Here are teh pics:

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

See other pics of Victoria Beckham dresses for Spring 2011

Attached File(s)

#8 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:18 AM

Mila Kunis in Victoria Beckham's dress, she looks cute, great design

Attached File(s)

“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#9 User is offline   bHIPEnergyBlend 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

Victoria is wonderful.

#10 User is offline   Aristidas 

• Pip
  • LocationKilimanjaro

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

Could it be alright that will put thing about this in my small personal wephorum if I post a reference to www.milliontalks.com ?

#11 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

yes, of course. it's a forum, you can post these pic wherever you want and i think administration will apreciate it if you mention the forum and put a link to it.

#12 User is offline   Amelia 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Has anybody seen her new collections? Please share!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links