• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kids Rooms budget-wise solutions for updating your kids' bedrooms and playrooms

#1 User is offline   Amelia 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLA

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:13 AM

My sister is expecting another baby, so I decided to help her with transforming an old guest room into bright and cozy room for her elder daughter. I would be very happy if you help me with stylish, yet inexpensive ideas for decorating and remodeling! :rolleyes:

I like vintage or Victorian style-very pretty for a young lady:

Attached Image: RMS_lolabboutique-cottage-girls-room_s4x3_lg.jpg

Attached Image: RMS_isabellaandmaxrooms-blue-girls-bedroom_s3x4_lg.jpg

#2 User is offline   Lovely 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

I have a lot of decor ideas for kids fooms, they are so cute:

Subtle Elegance

Mix the old with the new. RMSer chunkymonkey adds an old-fashioned touch with vintage paper doll artwork and a repainted sewing machine table. To complete the look, she sews plaid pillows, window treatments and even uses the leftover fabric to make the lampshades.

Attached Image: RMS_chunkymonkey-vintage-girls-bedroom_s4x3_lg.jpg

#3 User is offline   Lovely 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

Serene Palette

Create a room that grows with your child. RMSer TheSouthardFamily uses a crib that transforms into a toddler bed. Plus, all the bed linens, which were sewn by her mother, work for the crib and bed.

Attached Image: RMS_TheSouthardFamily-blue-yellow-girls-room_s4x3_lg.jpg

#4 User is offline   Lovely 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

Pretty and Practical

Take a stroll through Ikea. RMSer mblanchette finds affordable style at the Scandinavian chain with her purchase of a white desk and birch shelves. To create the wall mural, she also picks up a branch-inspired sticker.

Attached Image: RMS_mblanchette-blue-study-area_s4x3_lg.jpg

#5 User is offline   Mary 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

I like this one! this room is like a little princess palace :rolleyes:
Attached Image: kids-rooms-big-kids-bedroom-ideas-6.jpg
I'd like my daughter to have this one!

#6 User is offline   Butterfly 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

i like this one. the color is pretty

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: kids-room-design3.jpg

#7 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Very sunny and bright bedroom

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: kids-room.jpg

Fashion makes life brighter and more interesting!

Best blog about fashion and style!!!

#8 Guest_Onelis_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Hi- I was wondering where the branch inspired wall art was purchsed? Thanks!

#9 Guest_Onelis_*

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostLovely, on 10 August 2010 - 05:34 AM, said:

Pretty and Practical

Take a stroll through Ikea. RMSer mblanchette finds affordable style at the Scandinavian chain with her purchase of a white desk and birch shelves. To create the wall mural, she also picks up a branch-inspired sticker.

Attachment RMS_mblanchette-blue-study-area_s4x3_lg.jpg

Hi- Where was the branch inspired wall art purchased? I really like the style! Thanks :)

#10 Guest_Natalie_*

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

Pretty and Practical

I love this room, where can i buy the furniture from this image.

#11 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

i really like this nursery Mariah Carey has designed for her twins. it's so light, so cozy and so peaceful. besides, though she's expecting a boy and a girl, i'm glad to see her ditch the traditional pink and blue for something new, like the pink and green palette :)
Attached Image: mariah-carey-twins-nursery.jpg

Mariah tells Life & Style:

“I wanted to create a beautiful, tranquil, cozy environment for the babies. Everything matches, but pieces are individualized to celebrate the twins as separate entities.”

“The ceiling has orangey-pink clouds in a blue sky with golden stars twinkling. It’s based on two songs I wrote that are fan favorites: ‘Underneath the Stars’ and ‘Close My Eyes.'. Sometimes I just sit in the nursery and stare at the ceiling because I love it so much. To me, it symbolizes wanting my children to dream as big as possible and to let their imaginations be unbridled.”
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#12 User is offline   jim bushart 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

Kid's room must have vibrant colours, pictures and extra importantly there must have enough space and sunlight in their rooms. Kids have a very short attention span. They like to encounter, look around, explore and have cool. Kids require effortless organizational systems that they can learn to use. In bed containers are a much loved in our house.

Children's bedrooms can easily become overcrowded along with games, toys, equipments, and collections. Every thing that speaks of activity contributes to keeping the room "awake". Childhood is jam-packed of surprise and magic. Every one child deserves an environment that stimulates the mind and provides fantastic memories for years to come! Children change dramatically from one year to the subsequently, and their tastes loose change along with them. Focus your plan on the basics - dresser, bed frame, mattress - when decorating kids' rooms.Posted Image

Children are so drawn in with extracurricular activities, television programs, friends and computer games that they almost not have any time. Children be keen on bright and vibrant colors in their rooms with their favorite cartoon characters on the wall. You can try out with interesting themes by choosing something like Bob the Builder or Scooby Doo as well as animated characters like Tweety, Tom and Jerry.

Paint is fairly low-priced and easy to transform when you're ready for somewhat assorted. So, go for it and make a bit your child will think of twenty years from now. Painted paneling has a far better look than non painted panel board. In fact, after you paint your paneling, you will see how the room tends to look added precious, elegant and modern . Paint the room in the colors of your son's much loved team. Sports themed rugs, beds, and furniture are another possibility.

Paint the room a wonderful, dreamy color. Soothing apple greens, blues, and soft yellows are fantastic for a babies ones relaxing spot. Painting a room makes a dramatic transformation and is not high-priced when you do it yourself. Keep in mind, elegance is all about you, so secure the colour charts and be bold. Paint the room a new, neutral color. The fresh paint will immediately freshen and fill in the room and a sunny cream or a warm beige color is a lovely conditions for any interior decoration. Kids make messes, and these invariably end up on the wall so you want a wall surface that is not going to present a disaster if it gets dirty. A semi-gloss paint is great as it is certainly cleaned with a soapy cloth.

Kids love bright colors, but you ought to limit any bright color to just one wall. Brief on dreams when it comes to decorating your kid's rooms? Kids may not experience decorating, but they know what they like. Kids rugs are more stylish than ever more willingly than not only because they give baby with a pleasant place to play, but because they do so a lot for the overall construct of a space.

Murals, Wallpaper cutouts, and decor concoct decorating a snap . Our superiority customizable soft sculpture wall hangings enlarge a 3-dimentional come across and will delight children of all ages . Wall decor for kid's rooms can be really effective on gleaming up those young creative mind. Kids are very creative and vigilant to colour - these are the things that draw kids the on the whole. Wallpapers with a range of kid?s themes are a good picture. If your child is fond of fantasy, have posters and wallpapers of fairies, mermaids and others.

Paint the foundation portion of the wall two shades darker and the top portion one shade lighter. At long last, let the little one support by placing little handprints on the border area in the region of the room using three to four unique colors of non-toxic acrylic paint poured into paint pans for hand-dipping. Paint a cherub border with a softhearted cloud ceiling or wallpaper an African Safari theme on a wall. Consent to your child to join in. Paint one entirety half of the room a firm color your child likes, and the other half a something else color your other child likes. Purchase 2 twin trundle beds.

Colour has a intense impact on how we think. Green is cheering, and can help people recover from stress. Colour really be able to does create a difference in environment, hence I chose the pinaks and pastel greens. But don't be scared, and have confidence in yourself. Colour ought to ideally flow from room to room. This can be achieved by choosing a basic colour palette throughout the house and then accumulation individual style to each room.

#13 User is offline   jim bushart 

• Pip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

Having a sea-themed bedroom for the kids is an exciting and creative consideration. Imagine the look of the kids faces as they see that their room has finally been turned into a their very own "Under the Sea" world. But of course, having a sea-themed room requires a lot of creativity and preparation. So to help you prepare for this fun project, here are some quick and easy ideas you may want to consider:

1. Go to the beach - What better way for you to pick up on good ideas for the sea-themed room than going to an actual beach instead? During your trip you might also be able to get some real accessories for the room such as sands and little shells scattered along the seashore. The kids might also become inspired to include some of the things they see at the beach right inside their room.

2. Visit a pet shop - If you want to come up with great ideas for room accessories, visiting a pet shop is also a good idea. Most of the pet shops have fishes so you can get inspiration from the sea pets that are being sold there. Of course, you might also want to consider getting a small aquarium or a fish bowl inside the room for your kids. There's also a good amount of sea-inspired accessories that you can purchase there.

3. Check out books and magazines - To add some inspiration to your sea-themed room, you may also want to consider looking at existing designs already. There are surely lots featured in design books and magazines. These reading materials may also be able to suggest ways on how you can actually go along the process of decorating the kids room. So feel free to browse them and immerse yourself in them.

4. Look at showrooms - Most design companies and even furniture stores have a showroom where their products and services are being exhibited. These showrooms can be visited for free so it might also be a great way to spark some sea-inspired interest for your decorating project.

5. Do a drawing session with the kids - Have a mini-art class bonding with the kids and center on a sea theme. This way, you can take a look at some of their very own ideas and play up on it on your own. You might even end up being able to use some of the sketches and drawings that they will create.

6. Watch sea-inspired movies and cartoons - This is one great way to get the kids really excited about the whole project. You can come up with a movie marathon with the kids and also get to bond with them in the process.

7. Play up with colors and concepts - You can also begin by considering the sea-themed colors and concepts and from there branch off to a cohesive look for the kids room. You can just be spontaneous about it and be inspired along the process of mixing and matching items together.

Ideas often come up when you are happy and the people who will work with you are excited too with what's bound to happen. So take some time off to plan things and get the kids involved too for a more fun decorating experience.

#14 Guest_sabrina dalal_*

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

Pretty and Practical

#15 User is offline   bluee 

• Pip

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Nice rooms, particularly the second one is more beautiful than the first. But I think this is more than facilitate:D..
As you know this is seems to be very cool but the child will not remain such like the default...

#16 User is offline   rosita28 

• Pip

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

If you can't see the floor of your kids' rooms (or are afraid to open their doors) it's time to take action. Help children organize their rooms in ways that make their space fun to play in and easy to keep clean. Reassure them that putting their rooms in order doesn't mean they have to throw away all their good stuff.

#17 User is offline   Bartholomew 

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Great ideas are shared here about kids luxurious rooms...
I like all that ideas here

#18 User is offline   NelsonJohn 

• PipPip
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

I like vintage style, however Kid's bedrooms are a terrific place for playing around with color. Generally Children love to have bright, bold and uniquely colored rooms. It reflects the liveliness of their nature. Decor with lighting fixture can also make an effective look of home. A few week ago, I have installed the crystal chandelier to decor my daughter room, which made an amazing look with stylish look. You can also installed these lighting fixture through chandelier rewire company nyc with best services of chandelier cleaning and installation.

#19 User is offline   helenliu 

• PipPip
  • LocationBeijing, China

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostVeronica, on 06 October 2010 - 06:11 AM, said:

Very sunny and bright bedroom

It is really a lovely and bright room for kids!
Make your home decor amazing and classical in different style stone carving!

#20 User is offline   Strega 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

Awesome styles :rolleyes:
If you want to know how to furnish and decorate your house, then FurnishBurnish is a place for you!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links