• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diamonds are a girl's best friends?

#1 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:55 AM

what do you guys think about diamonds and overall obsession with these gems? even though i love jewelry and have a lot of different pieces, i'm not really crazy about diamonds (i have a diamond ring and think that's perfectly enough for me) but i know that some girls (or maybe guys too) are really diamond-crazy.

what's so cool about these stones? they're expensive and .... basically that's the most remarkable thing about diamonds, imho
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#2 User is offline   Bumble-bee 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:04 AM

Attached Image: heart-shaped-diamond-1.jpg

here's one of the most expensive diamonds in the world - a heart shaped diamond (a nice V-Day present, isn't it? ;) )

Attached Image: heart-shaped-diamond-2.jpg

the 56-carat diamond is up for auction and set to sell for at least $15 million in May. why so expensive? fistly, the diamond is cut to a perfectly symmetrical heart. secondly, it is one of only a handful of 50 carat + jewels to be offered in an auction over the last 20 years.

the diamond is indeed beautiful, no way to deny it, but the price tag is beyond expensive... or?
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand” (Homer Simpson)

Celebrity News and Celebrity Gossip

#3 User is offline   Veronica 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

diamonds are cool! the more you have the better!!!
Fashion makes life brighter and more interesting!

Best blog about fashion and style!!!

#4 User is offline   BalaRoe 

• Pip

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

View PostBumble-bee, on 13 February 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

what do you guys think about diamonds and overall obsession with these gems? even though i love jewelry and have a lot of different pieces, i'm not really crazy about diamonds (i have a diamond ring and think that's perfectly enough for me) but i know that some girls (or maybe guys too) are really diamond-crazy.

what's so cool about these stones? they're expensive and .... basically that's the most remarkable thing about diamonds, imho

i don't persoanlly like diamonds. they have a bloody history and i prefer to aviod them. I'm a Moissanite girl. I told my husband before we got married that I wanted a moissanite, not a diamond. He bought me a beautiful solitaire and eternity band made with moisanites as our wedding set. what i love about it is the absolute clarity of the stone, the fact that it is indeed not a diamond, is grown in a lab so no mining, and that is it about twice as brilliant as a diamond. In the sun it's blinding. our metals are completly recycled. I think it's interesting to have something different. If I see a piece of jewelry i love i always ask if the diamonds can be taken out and replaced with moissanite. It's a promise I made to myself years ago... I will never buy a diamond. :)

#5 User is offline   Bella 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

View PostBalaRoe, on 14 February 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

I will never buy a diamond. :)

wow that's a confession not every girl can make ))) as to me, i don't care about diamonds. well, maybe because i don't have them and i don't feel like i need them in my jewelry collection. there are more importnant things in life than stones

#6 User is offline   malindablas 

• PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

You are absolutely right. I also like diamond jewelry. It gives gorgeous look.

#7 User is offline   boracious 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

People sure have strong feelings about diamonds. My boyfriend proposed to me in January with a modest solitaire diamond ring and I just love it! It's elegant, but not even a bit flashy. It's very classy. He got a good deal on it online at James Allenso I don't feel guilty about his spending more than he can.

For me the commitment is important and I figure that we're going to be forever for at least 50 years so it's a long term investment. Of course there are other pretty gemstones like amethysts and emeralds and synthetic diamonds can be beautiful too. But its a personal choice. I want to keep some tradition in my life and my fiancee wanted it to. A lot of traditional things are silly when you really look close at them. But people enjoy maintaining traditions.

also, where he bought my ring...the diamonds are conflict-free so there's no bad karma there. I don't personally like huge flashy diamonds. I prefer smaller, well cut diamonds. You don't need a huge diamond to have a ring look good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Today's Fun Links